Our company has extensive experience in delivering refurbishment projects over a number of sectors up to the value of £20m. We understand that refurbishing a property is often preferable – and more cost-effective – compared to demolishing or abandoning it, and it’s particularly relevant when a building undergoes a change of use or new ownership.
With our experience we have become familiar with all the kinds of issues a refurbishment project can reveal and we know just how to deal with troublesome buildings. Some areas of expertise include:
- Investigating existing structures where the technical detail is not to hand, and enable the design to be developed for the client
- Close collaboration with the client and design team to ensure project delivery
- Assist the client to bring existing building/structure to modern standards
- Checking of infrastructure to supply services, e.g. mechanical and electrical
- Checks to ensure Disability Discrimination Act 2005 (DDA) compliance
- Extensive experience with BREEAM environmental standards
- Energy efficiencies and insulation ‘U’ values
- Fire safety and security
We have recently completed a multi-phased refurbishment programme for the Guildhall in Swansea, having successfully completed our fifth phase of an ongoing refurbishment programme worth in excess of £20m (for the City & County of Swansea Council). Other clients we have recently worked with include Cardiff University, the Arch Diocese of Cardiff, Cardiff Council and Bridgend Council.